72nd Annual CMEA In-Service Conference April 19-21, 2018 CT Convention Center Hartford
Applications are being accepted through December 1st for performance groups (choral, instrumental, alternative) representing all levels (elementary, middle, and high school) for the CMEA In-Service Conference, April 19-21, 2018 at the Connecticut Convention Center, Hartford.
The selection committee will evaluate applications and audio submissions through a blind selection process. Those groups who have performed two years in succession at the CMEA state conference are not eligible to perform at the 2018 conference.
Please make sure submissions are high quality audio recordings: recordings that cannot be played or have major distortions that prevent judges from hearing clearly will not be considered.
It is recommended to have these materials on hand prior to beginning this application:
- Basic Conductor Bio and Ensemble Information
- Your NAfME/CMEA membership number
- Administrator’s name, phone and email and consent to apply
- Ensemble set up requirements
- Information about and recordings of three selections, recently performed by your ensemble (spring-fall 2017) in MP3 or M4A format for upload or a CD version for mail in to CMEA before Dec 6. Mail CD to CMEA, Showcase Ensemble, P.O. Box 174 Cromwell, CT 06416-0174
If selected, CMEA will provide the following equipment if needed: Conductor stand/podium, music stands, choral risers, concert bass drum, set of 3 timpani, piano (either acoustic or electric). All additional equipment needs are the responsibility of the ensemble.
Conductor of the ensembles will be notified by January 12, 2018 of their application status.