The purpose of the CMEA Professional Development Grant is to provide financial support to our members who hope to bring professional growth opportunities to their own district’s music teachers, and who are also willing to allow CMEA members from outside their own district to attend.
Four grants of up to $500 are available. Two will be awarded in the fall, and two in the spring. Grant applications are reviewed and selected by the CMEA Executive Board at the meeting immediately following the grant due date, you will be notified shortly afterward of your application’s status.
For professional development planned for November 2017 through January 2018 Apply by October 3, 2017. You will be notified of your application’s status by October 16, 2017.
For professional development planned for February through May 2018 Apply by January 2, 2018 You will be notified of your application’s status by January 16, 2018.
- The applicant must be a current CMEA member.
- This event must be open to CMEA members, and they must be allowed to attend for no more than the price charged to other attendees.
- A brief presentation to attendees in order to promote CMEA membership might be included during the event as part of the agreement.
- If a fee is charged for the event, its purpose should be to cover any expenses that are anticipated above the awarded grant amount. CMEA has the right to ask for an itemized list of costs and income from the event.
- A statement crediting CMEA with partial contribution must be made when publicizing the workshop.
- Sessions will be advertised on the CMEA website and in the News if the ad is submitted prior to the print deadline.
- An article describing the event must be submitted to the CMEA Editor within 30 days following the session. This article will be published in the CMEA news. Please include the number of participants, content synopsis, and general comments about the benefits of the workshop presentation.
Professional Development Grants will be considered based on the following criteria:
- Completed grant proposal application
- Clear need for and connection to instruction.
- Relevance to Connecticut’s music educators and students.
- Accessibility for people with special needs.
- Clinician’s expertise for proposed session.
- Applicant’s history in upholding all aspects of the CMEA Grant agreements.
If selected, CMEA will issue a check made out to your school, school district or school activity account. We will not issue grant checks in individual teacher’s names.